- Hofburg, Cathedral, Spanish Riding School, Schoenbrunn Castle in Vienna
- UNESCO world heritage Monastery of Melk
- Mozart's Birth House and Residence, Hohensalzburg, Mirabell Palace in Salzburg
- Boat to Herreninsel and visit of Herrenchiemsee Castle
- Old Town Hall, Viktualienmarkt, Nymphenburg-Palace in Munich
- Neuschwanstein Castle
This tour offers a lot of cultural highlights, plenty of good food, a nice journey through the history of centuries. Starting in Vienna, the capital of Austria, the tour continues to Salzburg, the capital of music, and further to Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Finally you reach Oberammergau, the capital of passion plays!
A full day in Vienna, a full day in Salzburg, and a full day in Munich will let you enjoy all the must sees of these three wonderful but totally different cities. Monasteries and castles along your way complete the sightseeing-program!
Day 1 Arrival in Austria, visit of Vienna
After arrival at Vienna airport, you meet your tour escort guide. Depending on the time of arrival, you enjoy an orientation tour of the city. Welcome dinner at a local restaurant. Accommodation at a pleasant hotel in Vienna.
Day 2 Vienna
Today you explore the beautiful city of Vienna with its endless number of attractions. Along the famous Ringstrasse you will see the State Opera House, Hofburg, Art and Natural History Museum, Parliament, City Hall and National Theatre. Than stop at Stephansdom (St. Stephen’s Cathedral) and the Sacher Café, famous for its Sacher Torte (chocolate gateau). The colorfully decorated Hundertwasser House, the Hofburg and the famous Spanish Riding School are not only architectural highlights but also interesting for their history. In the afternoon you will visit the magnificent showrooms of Schönbrunn Palace, Empress Sisi’s former summer residence. Dinner and overnight stay again at your hotel in Vienna.
Day 3 Vienna, Salzburg
You travel alongside the Danube through the famous “Wienerwald”. Situated high above the river is the monastery of Melk. It is part of the UNESCO world heritage and a landmark of the region. After a guided tour at the monastery you continue following the Danube. Shortly before the city of Linz you leave the Danube in the direction of Salzburg. You pass some famous lakes of the region, such as: Mondsee, Attersee, Wallersee and Wolfgangsee. Now you reach the great city of Salzburg, the hometown of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. You enjoy dinner and overnight stay at your hotel.
Day 4 Salzburg
In the morning, you visit Mozart’s Birth House and Mozart’s Residence. The house in which the great composer was born in 1756 is now one of the most frequently visited museums in the world. No other place where the person behind the artist and his music can be experienced as well as at his birthplace. At Mozart’s Residence the biographies of the family members and the authentic impressions of everyday family life are displayed. Later you will get an overview of the most popular sights and some of the original filming locations of the film and musical “The Sound of Music”. You will see the Carillon, Salzburg Cathedral, Franciscan Church, Mozart Square, Hofstallgasse, Hohensalzburg Fortress, St. Peter’s Abbey, and Mirabell Palace and Gardens in baroque style. The overnight stay is again in Salzburg.
Day 5 Salzburg, Herrenchiemsee, Munich
After breakfast a short drive brings you to Prien on the bank of Lake Chiemsee. After a boat trip you reach the calm island Herreninsel for a visit of one of Germany’s loveliest royal attractions, the magnificent Herrenchiemsee Palace. Built in the 19th century by King Ludwig II, this royal landmark sits among picturesque Bavarian scenery of majestic lakes and mountains. With elegant gardens, walkways and ornate interiors of gold, glass and porcelain, this palace reflects pure opulence. Some even say that many of its features, like the vast Hall of Mirrors, surpass that of the Palace of Versailles. After the tour in the castle you can enjoy and explore the gardens, the park, and the big fountains. Return boat trip to Prien, from where you continue to Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Dinner and overnight stay at your hotel in Munich.
Day 6 Munich
Today you explore the highlights of Munich, the Bavarian Capital, during a sightseeing tour by bus. Explore the historical city center’s most famous churches, monuments and squares, including the Old Town Hall, St Peter’s Church, Viktualienmarkt, Odeonsplatz and the Munich Residenz. The tour continues to the Palace of Nymphenburg, the former summer residence of the Bavarian elector princes and kings with its beautiful and spacious gardens. You will visit the castle and its magnificent interiors as the Baroque Steinerne Saal, the Gallery of Beauties (“Schönheitengalerie”) and you will have a look at the chamber where King Ludwig II was born. Afternoon free time. Overnight in Munich.
Day 7 Munich, Neuschwanstein, Oberammergau
Today you will explore Germany’s most visited castle: Neuschwanstein, perched high up on a mountain in the Alps. The shimmering white towers of the castle almost touching the clouds are instantly recognizable to many. Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle was inspired by Neuschwanstein. To visit it is to step inside a fairy tale. “Mad“ King Ludwig II realized this architectural dream and it became world famous. The majestic facade conceals an unbelievable splendor inside: very exquisite furniture, luxurious decors and masterly artistry. In the afternoon you continue to a small, pitoresque village in the Alps which is known all over the world. Oberammergau, the “Passion Play Village with Heart” is about 1 hour driving time away from Neuschwanstein. You will check-in at your hotel. Have a look at the information about the Passion Play which you will find in your room.
Day 8 The Passion Play
Oberammergau is not only known for its Passion Play , but also for its woodcarving craft and for its colourful and attractive frescos know as Lüftlmalereien. In the morning you can explore the lovely village, the museum, the parish church and visit a woodcarving workshop. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant. Then it is time to take your seat at the Passion Play Theater. The play starts at 2:30 pm. It is performed only by locals. All the actors, musicians, and singers as well as the backstage staff are inhabitants of Oberammergau. Between the different scenes of the life of Jesus Christ you can admire “living pictures” – scenes from the bible are presented as still lifes by actual people. After 2.5 hours it is time for a break. Dinner is waiting for you a restaurant. After dinner you have the opportunity to stroll around in the village and to do some shopping. At 8:00 pm the second part of the play starts. It will last until approximately 11:00 pm. You return to your hotel by coach after the play.
Day 9 Travel Day
Today it is time to say “Goodbye Germany”. After check out transfer to Munich airport and flight back home.
- Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach for all transfers, touring, and sightseeing – from Frankfurt airport to Munich airport
- English speaking tour escort – from airport to airport
- 6 overnight stays in hotels of the chosen category (2 in Vienna, 2 in Salzburg, 2 in Munich)
- 2 overnight stays in the Oberammergau region in category C (accommodation for greater demands = 3-star) – supplement for category B (accommodation for high de-mands = 4-star): 199.00 $ per person
- Accommodation in double rooms with bath en-suite
- Daily breakfast buffet at the hotels
- 8 dinners at the hotels (either menue or buffet) or at local restaurants
- Lunch on the day of the Passion Play at a restaurant in Oberammergau
- Luggage service at the hotels (where available)
- Local English speaking guides (2 guides in each place for a group larger than 30 persons): for 6 hours in Vienna & Salzburg, for 4 hours in Munich, for 1 hour in Melk Monastery, for 0.5 hours in Herrenchiemsee Palace and in Neuschwanstein Castle
- Entrance fees for: Hofburg, Hundertwasser House, Spanish Riding School, Schönbrunn Palace (Wien); Monastery (Melk); Mozart’s Birth House, Mozart’s Residence, Hohensalzburg Fortress (Salzburg); Herrenchiemsee Palace (Herreninsel); Nymphenburg Palace (Munich); Neuschwanstein Castle
- Boat on Lake Chiemsee to/from Herreninsel / Carriage to/from the Palace
- Headphone-system during the whole tour
- Ticket to the Passion Play in category 2 – supplement for category 1: 43.00 $ per person
- Program booklet of the Passion Play including the text of the play (in English)
- All visitor and city taxes
Services not included
- Drinks during the meals
- Lunches, not mentioned in the program
- Tips to guides, coach driver and hotel staff (we recommend 9,- € per day and guest)
- Travel insurances
- Personal expenses
Estimated rates per person for 2020